WHAT’S A DIGITAL BITBOX
The Digital Bitbox is a plug-and-play wallet and second-factor authenticator that combines the highest security of cold storage with the convenience of software wallets.
For you, it gives simplicity and peace of mind.
What coins and functions are included in the Digital Bitbox?
Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH, ETC, and ERC20 tokens) cryptocurrencies are currently supported. We plan to add more coins in the future. Let us know your favorites!
If you had BTC on a Digital Bitbox before August 1st, 2017 and would like to access Bitcoin Cash (BCH), read here.
The Digital Bitbox is a FIDO Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) compatible authenticator. Secure your accounts on Google, Facebook, Dropbox, GitHub and more.
Existing Digital Bitboxes can add support for new coins and features by upgrading the firmware.
Avoids security risks of browser-based extensions
Take a tour
- Secondary password accesses a hidden wallet
- A wrong password for a backup creates a different wallet
- Portable and durable, epoxy-filled case made from the same material used in bullet-proof glass
- Private keys kept on a high-security chip that prevents physical extraction (50 year lifespan)
- One piece – no cables or batteries
FIDO Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) device
- Works seamlessly in parallel to the hardware wallet
- No additional setup required
Multi-signature out-of-the-box (optional)
- No registration required
- Quick and simple setup
iOS and Android apps
- All code – firmware, bootloader, desktop and mobile apps
- Signed, deterministic builds – audit, build, and load official firmware yourself (optional)
- Security in simplicity – do what’s necessary and do it well
- Subtle case avoids unwanted attention
Quality, privacy, no backdoors